Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Currently

I am definitely borrowing an idea from Shell over at Kitty and Buck today with this "currently" post. Check out Shell's blog, you'll be getting to know her a little better on Lovely Llorys pretty soon!
My final Hostess purchase. Also, I can't believe it was THAT big of a deal! Who even eats it anymore??

Watching
Andrew has introduced me to so many great television shows and movies throughout our relationship. We are currently watching four shows. Dexter - I am not as thrilled with this show anymore at this point, but this season is pretty great since Dexter doesn't seem to be afraid to tell anyone and everyone about his dark passenger. Homeland - I LOVE Claire Danes in this show and it is so captivating! If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it! How I Met Your Mother - I've said it before and I'll say it again - this show is so relevant to my life. The jokes are hilarious. So good. And last but not least, Parks and Rec! We are on season 3 right now - for some reason I just never bothered to watch it until now. Oh Amy Poehler, how I have so so much respect and admiration for you now. And if the Daniel Craig man pillow truly exists, someone point me in that direction!

Listening to
For a Music Business major, I have really been lacking in the new music apartment. I feel ashamed about this. Anyway, I have been listening to NPR. Where I'm originally from in Michigan, we didn't get the Michigan Radio station, but since I've discovered it in Grand Rapids, I've been one of those "I heard on NPR..." people. Makes me feel so intelligent! The music I've been listening to lately consists of embarrassing pop music (Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber), The Beatles, and the new Sufjan Christmas album!

Planning
Hmm, if only I had some exciting plans. I am planning my holiday shopping budget for one. My mom and I go Black Friday shopping as a tradition, so that's a plan in itself. I also am planning to finally get a real job. I've been trying for months, but I have a couple leads, so I'm really excited! And nervous, but hopefully I can make a lasting impression.

Thinking about
Planning something big to look forward to! As in, a vacation! We were looking at plane tickets to random destinations, and Costa Rica popped up as a possible spring break destination. I've never been to that part of the world, so rather than hitting up our old friend Florida, we are considering that!
We are also thinking about getting a cat! I will obviously post more if that ends up happening. We found one we really like at the shelter the other day, so we're crossing our fingers!

Looking forward to
Thanksgiving! I can't wait to go home and see my family, friends, and kitties! One of my best friends, Colleen is home from California, and I cannot wait to see her. Just one more day before we head over. I'm also excited to see Lincoln when we are home this weekend!

Reading
Funny you should ask! I have been taking foreverrrr to read the third book in the Game of Thrones series even though I know it will be so good once I can really dive into it. Maybe I'll have some time this weekend to read. But it's funny because a few friends and I are starting a book/classic movie club! Andrew gets to pick the first book, so we are anxiously awaiting his choice! I choose fourth out of 4, haha. I'd love ideas for great book club books so I can blow everyone away with my choice!

Making me happy
Playing Just Dance 4 on the new Wii U and finally feeling like I'm getting a little exercise. New friends and a new iPhone. Making something of my blog. Thanksgiving being just two days away. Parks and Rec; every episode makes me smile.


Happy almost weekend! (If you are lucky enough to enjoy the long weekend). If not, I'm sorry you have to work and I hope people are really nice to you!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for sharing, it's fun to read these posts, right? Sounds like you've got some good holiday plans, I always wanted Thanksgiving as a kid, after seeing it in movies all the time! I hope you have a lovely time :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun post! And you don't have to over think it, very nice and simple.
      Well, if you end up moving to the U.S., you're definitely invited over for a future Thanksgiving to get you started on the tradition!

      Delete